Who we are
- We are a system integrator and supplier of defense and security technology
- We provide unique technical solutions in the area of defense and security
- We provide sophisticated marketing and business-related services
- We are a Czech company with experience since 1934
- We serve customers in more than 60 countries worldwide
- We partner with Czech government institutions and NATO in the field of defense and security
- We are a supplier and integrator of systems and equipment for the food processing and machinery industries
Our solutions and services
- We focus on solutions providing defense and protection of social values
- We are a leader in the field of defense electronics focused on passive monitoring and reconnaissance of targets in the air, on the sea and on land
- We provide solutions for training fighter pilots on the L-39 aircraft platform
- We provide solutions in the field of transport aircraft for general and special applications on the L 410 platform
- We are an integrator and supplier of technologies for industrial manufacturing and food processing
- We provide comprehensive sales and marketing services in more than 60 countries across continents
- Our sales managers, product specialists and our network of branches and regional offices are available to tailor the best solution and submit the best offer to help you achieve your goals
- The needs of customers are a challenge for us and their opinion is what motivates us
- Each solution is unique, complex, and reliable
- We communicate in a professional and timely manner
- We are a professional and reliable long-term partner to our suppliers
- We have more than 80 years of experience in international trade
- We keep strengthening our image and positioning our brand in the world
- We are a socially responsible company that supports cultural, sports and educational projects
- OMNIPOL group companies focus on research, development and the manufacture of products with high added value
Mgr. Jiří Podpěra
|Phone:||+420 224 011 120|
Ing. Milan Faltus
|Vice-President for Strategy and Development|
|Phone:||+420 224 011 119|
Bc. Artem Movsesyan
|Vice-President for Sales|
|Phone:||+420 224 012 200|
Ing. Jozef Piga
|Vice-President for External Relations|
|Phone:||+420 224 011 143|
Certification and licences
Our company was awarded the ISO 9002 quality assurance certificate in 2001. By issuing the certificate, the certification company RW TÜV Systems GmbH confirmed that the business processes conducted by OMNIPOL conform to strict international standards. The regular renewal of the certificate (last recertification in 2015) is not only proof of top quality services provided by OMNIPOL, it is also a commitment especially to you, our local and foreign business partners. It guarantees that each business transaction will be handled professionally and confirms that OMNIPOL has been a longstanding, reliable and professional company to partner with in international trading in special and industrial systems and technologies.
A valid ISO 9001: 2008 certificate can be downloaded in the Downloads section.
Our company is licenced for foreign trading with military material under Act No. 38/1994 Coll., within the scope of all groups of special material. This licence was granted to us for export to 129 countries.
Our company is audited by BDO Audit s.r.o., a prestigious auditing firm belonging to BDO (Binder Dijker Otte & Co), the fifth largest consulting company in the world. The excellent audit results are an expression of our responsibility towards our partners and the Czech government.
Membership in professional associations
We are a member of the Defence and Security Industry Association of the Czech Republic, Czech Chamber of Commerce and Confederation of Industry of the Czech Republic.
OMNIPOL was founded in 1934 as a sales company mainly enabling the realisation of barter trade in products manufactured by the Škoda Works in Plzeň. The extensive international network which existed in the late 1930s in more than 60 countries on all continents included trading in all commodities of the rapidly developing Czechoslovak economy. The company’s operations were interrupted by World War II, and after business restrictions at the end of 1940s eased, they resumed in the second half of the 1950s. The purchase and sale of all products traded in the evolving aerospace industry, air traffic equipment
and the field of hunting and sports rifles became the company’s main subject of activity. Later, OMNIPOL was authorised to conduct trading in goods for national defense and security under the supervision of the government.
After a period of searching its new identity and corporate mission in the 1990s, the company identified its core business at the beginning of the 21st century in the field of integration of product systems and highly qualified business services on a liberalised global market, with a special focus on defense electronics, aerospace and manufacturing technologies.
|1934||Founding of OMNIPOL, a limited liability company|
|1938||Change of legal form to a joint stock company|
|1940 – 1945||Integration into a German manufacturing concern during World War II, interruption of pre-war activities|
|1946 – 1949||Trading activities resumed and later gradually fell off due to the national and international situation|
|1950 – 1956||Activities limited only to completing earlier trade contracts, new business was not desirable|
|1956||OMNIPOL granted licence for exclusive export and import of sporting and hunting rifles and ammunition, as well as sports and civil aircraft|
|1959||Transformation of the joint stock company into a foreign trade company, name changed to PZO OMNIPOL, a foreign trade company for export and import of sporting and hunting rifles and ammunition, as well as sports and civil aircraft|
|1966||Change of name to OMNIPOL, a foreign trade company; in the subsequent period until 1990, OMNIPOL was one of the leading companies in Czechoslovakia, generating a significant portion of the state’s revenue|
|1991||Transformation of a foreign trade company into a majority state-owned joint stock company|
|1996||Completion of privatisation|
|1998||OMNIPOL expands its activity and buys into Poličské strojírny a.s. and Ramet a.s.|
|2001||OMNIPOL awarded the quality management system certificate according to the ISO standards|
|2004||Takeover of all assets of OMNIPOL by its majority shareholder OMNYX, a.s., and change of company name OMNYX, a.s. (business name), to OMNIPOL a.s.|
|2007||Acquisition of a stake in Česká letecká servisní a.s.|
|2011||Acquisition of a stake in ERA a.s. Pardubice - the next step towards pursuing a new vision for the company focusing primarily on defense electronics and aviation technology|
|2015||Sale of a stake in Poličské strojírny a.s.|
|2015||Signing an agreement on strategic partnership with AERO Vodochody AEROSPACE a.s. for exporting the L-39 NG new generation jet trainer aircraft|
|2017||Sale of a stake in Ramet a.s.|
|2018||Moving of the company headquarters to the renovated Nekázanka 11|
|2018||Acquisition of the MESIT corporation|
|2021||Acquisition Aero Vodochody|
|2022||Acquisition Aircraft Industries - Let Kunovice|
Where are we headed next?
Further specialisation of our activity in the area of defence electronics and aerospace industry as well as deepening of integration between the portfolio of products and services through other acquisitions and strategic partnerships.
For more details about company history, please visit the Downloads section.